XBOX High Flyer Competition
If you’re among the thousands of Kiwis who have dreamt of soaring through space and riding shot gun with the Master Chief from “Halo”, then your dream could be about to come true…seriously.
Xbox is offering one lucky NewZealander and a mate the opportunity to jet set across the globe for 10 days on the High Flyers trip of a lifetime.
The competition prize includes tickets to Super Bowl XLIX and the Merseyside Derby. To top it off, there’s exclusive access to major game development studios in Singapore, Canada, the United Sates and the United Kingdom.
And all of this after touching down from a ZERO-G Experience® aboard a parabolic flight with Zero Gravity Corporation. Not a bad prize, right?
High Flyers is about celebrating Xbox fans and the spectacular games on Xbox One. The close of 2014 has seen the Xbox One games portfolio step up to the next level. Acclaimed new titles have demonstrated what fans can expect from the new generation of gaming and it’s time to reward their ongoing enthusiasm.
Xbox New Zealand Lead, Steven Blackburn, says: “Twelve years with Xbox and this is the most exciting prize I’ve seen. I’m ecstatic that two lucky Kiwis will be on that plane. I’m looking forward to meeting them and hope they fly the New Zealand flag proudly on tour.”
For a chance at the grand prize, gamers 18 years and over need only own and play the featured Game of the Week once to enter the draw. It’s worth noting that High Flyers is a seven-week competition and playing all seven featured games earns seven entries.
The Xbox One High Flyers tour kicks off in Singapore on 30 January 2015 and follows the schedule below:
- Day 1 – Visit Ubisoft Singapore’s Assassin’s Creed sound studio to record your voice
- Day 2 – Zero Gravity flight
- Day 3 – Attend Super Bowl XLIX in Glendale, Arizona
- Day 4 – Depart for Vancouver, Canada
- Day 5 – Visit the EA Sports Studio for a Motion Capture session, followed by a visit to Capcom Studios
- Day 6 – Visit Turn 10 Studios and Xbox HQ in Seattle
- Day 7 – Visit Insomniac Studios and get a joy ride on the Warthog
- Day 8 – Travel to UK for lunch at Playground Games
- Day 9 – Attend the MerseySide Derby
- Day 10 – Take a supercar for a hot lap before travelling home
Hundreds of token prizes are up for grabs each week throughout the entire High Flyers competition. All you need do is send a photo to the High Flyers website (www.xbox.com/en-NZ/HighFlyers) that displays your love for Xbox and the relevant game for that week. You’ll be in with a chance to score some sweet in-game items.
“With thousands of New Zealanders using Xbox One every day we wanted to celebrate as many Kiwi gamers as possible. We’ll be rewarding the gamers who demonstrate their Xbox pride,” says Blackburn.
The schedule below details each Game of the Week beginning 10 November:
- Week 1 (10-16 Nov) – “FIFA 15”
- Week 2 (17-23 Nov) – “Forza Horizon 2”
- Week 3 (24-30 Nov) – “Sunset Overdrive”
- Week 4 (1-7 Dec) – “Assassin’s Creed Unity”
- Week 5 (8-14 Dec) – “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare”
- Week 6 (15-21 Dec) – “Halo: The Master Chief Collection”
- Week 7 (22-28 Dec) – “Dead Rising 3”
For full details about the Xbox One High Flyers competition including entry details and terms and conditions, please visit www.xbox.com/en-NZ/HighFlyers