LG G3 Review
Simplification; that is the best way to describe the new LG G3 device. I don’t live and breath the Android eco system so for the past 3 weeks i have used the G3 as my primary device. Out of the box you notice a clear difference from that of previous versions, the build quality is stunning and it feels great in the hand. LG have worked hard on moving away from pop art based phones devices and this time around they have delivered a simpler more elegant looking device. The screen is a 5.5 inch IPS display and LG have used it to perfection, video looks amazing and you get a fairly good audio quality out of the rear facing speakers.
- There are number of new features that LG are promoting but as i mentioned above the screen is truly stunning. If you want to compare it to the current king of screens ( the Samsung S5 has 2 million pixels) then the LG packs a punch at 3.6 million pixels.
- LG have focused on producing a much cleaner interface, in speaking with them LG mentioned that they have removed 20% of the bloat ware that you normally find with Android based phones. You also get a much cleaner interface which i love. It is flat, colours are crisp and clean and it is simple.
- Included in the LG G3 is a 13MP camera and a new feature called a “laser auto focus”, which is designed to make it the fastest focusing smartphone camera on the market. The laser auto focus works by sending out an infra red signal and it absorbs information from its surrounds to create an instant and clear picture for the camera to use. In testing this out you really noticed this when having to take a photo quickly. You also get a front facing camera ( 2.1MP) which LG are calling it the “selfie” camera. It has a wider lens on it so you get more of your friends into your selfie pic.
What I don’t like
There are few things that i do not like when it comes to the LG3:
- Key board – I don’t know what it is with this keyboard but it is just weird. It feels cramped and cluttered and hard to use
- No camera button – Whilst the camera is stunning i do not understand why they do not have a camera button like that of Windows Phone I know but it would make life easier to use.
- It can record video in 4k which works if the camera is still (panning causes the picture to stutter)
- Apps – The app store is rich with apps but i found quite a few would not work, install or just did not like the version of Android that LG was working on.
I love this phone, i would go out with my hard earned money and buy this. It is a solid feature rich phone which provides a clean simplistic interface which i found easy to navigate around. The screen is amazing and videos look fantastic, using Miracast to push them up to large screen really shows off how strong and powerful the components of this device are. If you have an LG G2 this has enough strength in it make you want to upgrade and if you are looking to try something different from your iPhone then give this device a go. 2degrees have the exclusive rights and will be selling the G3 for $1,049 outright or subsidised depending on the plan you choose.
Speed a Feeds of the new G3 include:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS display by LG for amazingly precise images and text. The display features a 538 ppi (pixels per inch) delivering four times the resolution of current HD smart phone displays or around 1.8 times higher than a Full HD display
- 13MP OIS+ (Optical Image Stabilizer Plus) camera with a revolutionary Laser Auto Focus that can shoot stunningly sharp images in a fraction of the time required by conventional phone cameras 4K ultra high definition video recordings direct to internal memory or MicroSD slot]
- A rear cover that is light weight, replaceable and featuring a wireless charging inductive loop for conven- ient wireless charging
- Floating Arc form factor and an ultra-slim bezel that feels comfortable in one hand and incorporates the innovative design heritage of the Rear Key
- Redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) consistent with the Simple is the New Smart concept of the G3
- Removable and user-replaceable high capacity 3000 mAh battery
- MicroSD slot for storage expansion