Microsoft NZ launches tablet that boasts the power of a PC
Microsoft Surface Pro available in New Zealand
Microsoft Press Release
With the grunt and capability of a laptop and the mobility of a tablet, Microsoft’s Surface Pro is now available in New Zealand.
Surface Pro provides customers with a fully functional PC that looks, feels and acts like a tablet. It allows them to do virtually everything they can do on a PC, ranging from using their favorite desktop apps to enjoying the protection of world-class safety and security software.
With a starting recommended retail price of $1349, Surface Pro will be available at Harvey Norman, JB HiFi and Noel Leeming.
Frazer Scott, Director; Marketing and Operations Microsoft New Zealand, says that Surface Pro is perfect for the person or business that wants a laptop and a tablet, but doesn’t want the weight or hassle of owning both devices.
“We know that people who are out and about need a fast and familiar way to view, present and create , as well as staying connected with their email, apps, calendars, social networks, music and games. Surface Pro delivers on all these needs, which makes it a unique and desirable device for both consumers and businesses,” he says.
“Lifestyle is as important as work needs when you choose your technology. At about the size of an A4 diary and lighter than a gym water bottle, it’s a tablet you can take anywhere and do anything using the software you know and trust.”
The Surface Pro offers an ultra light durable casing and an integrated kickstand and cover that allows users to be productive anywhere, as well as a full-sized USB port and microSDXC card slot for adding additional storage and a 16:9 widescreen high-definition display that makes it optimal for viewing and sharing content easily*.
“Following the Surface RT launch in March, the introduction of Surface Pro is an exciting development for our customers. Windows 8 really comes alive on Surface and customers can now take full advantage of the power of Surface Pro, the features of Windows 8 Pro, and the ability to run apps from the Windows Store as well as legacy software.” says Dean Edwards, Windows Business Group Manager, Microsoft New Zealand.
· Surface Pro is a 64-bit tablet PC that combines beauty, power, and mobility with up to 128GB of storage and is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor.
· Weighing less than a kilo, and at only 13.5mm thin, the Surface Pro represents impressive power in a small package.
· Combining the security and manageability that you would expect from Microsoft, the Surface Pro features BitLocker which encrypts hard drive data, helping to keep information safe.
· With an ability to install applications and connect with accessories and printers, the Surface Pro makes it easy to work in the office or remotely.
· Perfect for connecting to big screens and displays for presentations, or sharing favourite videos or images, the Surface Pro can easily plug into the display port with an HD Digital AV or VGA Adapter.
Surface Pro 64GB RRP $1349
Surface Pro 128GB RRP $1499