Microsoft updates us on Windows 8 sales and some other key bits
So it seems that Microsoft did some announcements yesterday to try and squash some of the misinformation out in the market around Windows 8. No reported Surface sales numbers though which I was really wanted to find out.
Note: All of this information came from Tami Reller who has taken over part of Steven Sinofskys role.
Key points from the Microsoft Announcement:
· Surface Pro coming in January (as opposed to “roughly 3 months after the Surface RT”)
· Outlook.com at 25 million (active, I believe) users
· “Since the launch, Microsoft has logged over 1.5 billion impressions of users deploying the start screen through remote telemetry.”
· 90% of customers use the charms. (This is kind of disturbing to me since it means that 10% never search for anything or shut down their PCs…)
· “Over 85 percent use the desktop during their first use and approximately half visit the app store. “
· “The number of apps in the store has doubled since the OS launch. “
· “Several apps have already been downloaded more than a million times.”
Not a bad start for a product that even one is want to fail.